:HOME:
 

:: About ::

Name:
Location: Princeton area, New Jersey, United States

Just a college graduate stuck waitressing with a love of journaling.

:: Obsessions ::

:Law School Apps
:Online Poker
:Bartending
:Law School Discussion

:: Recent Posts ::

:Flu Shot
:Massachusetts Supreme Court Rules...
:bad
:yay
:smart
:ugh!
:what a great day Ever realized why someone is you...
:drinking is bad Drinking sucks. Being hung over ...
:going out I've been working on this blog for way ...
:new home Whew! I just finished deciding which li...

::Archives ::

:November 2003
:December 2003
:January 2004
:February 2004
:March 2004
:April 2004
:May 2004
:June 2004
:July 2004
:August 2004
:September 2004
:October 2004
:November 2004
:December 2004
:January 2005
:February 2005
:March 2005
:April 2005
:May 2005
:June 2005
:July 2005
:April 2006

:: Links ::

: Pet My Chinchilla Now
: Serious Law Student
: The Raving Atheist
: Easily Amused
: thebrotherlove
: Law School Discussion
: lawschoolnumbers.com

:: Designed By ::

:FsDesigns

:Pictures By Layoutstyle

 
19.11.03

Stenciling Sucks!

Today I spent the day with my best friend stenciling a border in her daughter's bedroom in their new house. Luckily, the baby was at her aunt's house. Having an 11 week-old around would have made a bad day even worse. And I LOVE that baby. I'd like to make a couple of points about the process of stenciling:
1. It sucks.
2. If you're contemplating doing it yourself, don't. Hire a painter. Save yourself the headache. Trust me.
3. If you decide to do it yourself, get a ladder. Wobbly stools do not work.
4. Make sure you have enough stencils. After a while, you can't get the detail anymore with just one or two.
5. Plan ahead. Bring scissors. Bring water (to drink). Wear old clothes (I did do this, I'm not a total moron, just wanted to remind you, in case you are a total moron).

Trust me, its not a great process. We got half of the room done and we have to finish it tomorrow. My back aches. My head hurts from the paint fumes.

On the bright side (of life), I get to babysite the little one on Saturday while her parents move. I can't wait. I'm telling you, I'm obsessed with that kid. I love her to death. Seeing as I have no children, I guess I just didn't realize how much you could adore a child. Even one that's not your own. She's gonna call me Aunt Lauren, although I don't think she's gonna be talking for quite a while. I so totally have baby fever.

posted by Lauren@ 9:42 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


 

 
Designed By FsDesigns