:HOME:
 

:: About ::

Name:
Location: Princeton area, New Jersey, United States

Just a college graduate stuck waitressing with a love of journaling.

:: Obsessions ::

:Law School Apps
:Online Poker
:Bartending
:Law School Discussion

:: Recent Posts ::

:Last Day of College!
:Fixed It!
:Uh oh, this isn't good. I got a new little layout...
:
:Now that Saddam's been captured, everyone should c...
:Dude, can you believe that they captured Saddam? ...
:Dude, I am so tired. Yet not sleepy. Could have ...
:Dude, John Kerry dropped the f-bomb in an intervie...
:What Kind of Drunk Are You? Go me for being an ...
:I've got a new Blog of the Week It's Mikan Moblog...

::Archives ::

:November 2003
:December 2003
:January 2004
:February 2004
:March 2004
:April 2004
:May 2004
:June 2004
:July 2004
:August 2004
:September 2004
:October 2004
:November 2004
:December 2004
:January 2005
:February 2005
:March 2005
:April 2005
:May 2005
:June 2005
:July 2005
:April 2006

:: Links ::

: Pet My Chinchilla Now
: Serious Law Student
: The Raving Atheist
: Easily Amused
: thebrotherlove
: Law School Discussion
: lawschoolnumbers.com

:: Designed By ::

:FsDesigns

:Pictures By Layoutstyle

 
15.12.03

Nostalgia for My College Days...

I did it. I'm done with college. It's really quite surreal, or maybe I just don't believe it yet because I don't have any grades for the semester yet. Probably a combination of both. I can't believe that this journey I started at 18 years old at Lafayette College in Easton, Pennsylvania, and continued at age 20 at American University in Washington, DC is finally over. I've enjoyed the last two years of college immensely. I found a major that I loved (Justice), made some wonderful friends, decided what I want to do with my life (become a lawyer), and found out that if I try hard, I can get some really kick-ass grades.

Seriously, when I think back to what I was like at age 18, the difference is stunning. I was so young and innocent, had never had a real boyfriend, and strangely, I was really cynical. I think that I've gotten more idealistic over the past 4 1/2 years. I think maybe I just never knew all that there was in the world for me to experience, and it was hard to imagine it while stuck in a dorm room with someone just as naive and innocent as I was in Easton, PA. Coming to Washington, DC was probably the best decision I ever made. I've learned so much here. Like other Washingtonians, I take all the great stuff around here for granted, but I have been to my fair share of monuments and museums. Granted, the first time I saw the Capitol, the FDR Memorial, and the Lincoln Memorial I was extraordinarily drunk, but hey, I saw them. I've seen the Washington Monument, been to the National Air and Space Museum, the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History, the National Gallery, and the Smithsonian Museum of American History (that one was my favorite, although there was a wonderful Jasper Johns exhibit at the National Gallery when I was there).

I lost my virginity while I was in college too. In such a stupid way. It was that night that I saw all those monuments drunk. I was with a whole group of people and we had rented a stretch Hummer (sooo cool) and got totally drunk, and then one of the guys had a party at his house afterwards. We hooked up and then we had sex. Then I insisted on walking home (about a half hour walk, in the middle of which I took off my shoes and went barefoot b/c they hurt too much--barefoot ended up sucking too) because I couldn't miss my class in the morning. I think I slept with him again the next week, and then I decided that my calling in life was to be a slut. Maybe 2-3 weeks after I had sex for the first time, I had sex with my roommate (a guy), and then I started dating this guy in the Coast Guard, who I also had sex with. He then never called me back, which is something I've never understood...I mean duh, if I gave it up once, don't you think I'd probably do it again?? Anyway, then I got together with Al. Probably the worst mistake of my life. He took up a year of my time (okay, 2 years if you count the year that we slept together after we broke up), and our relationship culminated in him dumping me for another girl two weeks after I had an abortion. Like I said, a great guy. Then I met Josh, who really was a great guy, if not the one for me.

There were guys after Josh, but they weren't all that interesting. There was my boss Brian who I hooked up with only once, then his friend Sean who I went on two dates with after Brian moved away. Then there was Craig, the cop who almost arrested me for drunk driving, Sam from work who I had a huge crush on, and of course, the most recent was Justin, the guy from home who seemed so perfect and ended up being a total shithead.

I can't wait to move away from here, spend my year and a half at home, and get my butt into law school. I'm going to be a fantastic lawyer (you should hear me argue). I almost wish I wasn't done with college, or that I could start law school right now, because I've discovered in the 2 years since I was diagnosed with Adult ADD how much I love learning. I even like studying. Okay, that's not totally true, but I like the learning part of it, so studying is tolerable. Maybe I'll enroll in a graduate class or two over the next year and a half. Maybe I'll just read everything I can get my hands on. Who knows?

I'm really proud of myself right now, not just for making it through, but for making it through the past two years with such high marks. I've learned the value of hard work, and its paid off so well for me.

Well, laundry's done, so I gotta stop being so nostalgic and get moving on the packing thing.

posted by Lauren@ 4:29 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


 

 
Designed By FsDesigns