:HOME:
 

:: About ::

Name:
Location: Princeton area, New Jersey, United States

Just a college graduate stuck waitressing with a love of journaling.

:: Obsessions ::

:Law School Apps
:Online Poker
:Bartending
:Law School Discussion

:: Recent Posts ::

:spring has sprung
:do i have to?
:yay for days off
:gasp!
:definitely a good hair day
:good hair day (i hope)
:hmmmm
:loving jury duty
:Juror No. 1361
:the quote of the day returns

::Archives ::

:November 2003
:December 2003
:January 2004
:February 2004
:March 2004
:April 2004
:May 2004
:June 2004
:July 2004
:August 2004
:September 2004
:October 2004
:November 2004
:December 2004
:January 2005
:February 2005
:March 2005
:April 2005
:May 2005
:June 2005
:July 2005
:April 2006

:: Links ::

: Pet My Chinchilla Now
: Serious Law Student
: The Raving Atheist
: Easily Amused
: thebrotherlove
: Law School Discussion
: lawschoolnumbers.com

:: Designed By ::

:FsDesigns

:Pictures By Layoutstyle

 
11.3.04

$1.50 Satisfaction

Yes, yes, its been a while since I've written. But I have a good excuse. It's nothing new or novel, just the usual I've been working too much. Yesterday I opened both shifts, meaning I went in at 10am and worked until about 2:15, then got about a 45 minute break before I had to open dinner at 3pm, then worked straight through until about 10pm. I think my official hours yesterday were somewhere around 11 hours. That's a lot. Then I went out for drinks with some people from work and got fairly tossed. Okay, so I didn't get tossed at all, but I woke up this morning feeling like I'd been on the most severe of benders (a word my English manager Mark uses all the time). Then I worked again this morning.

And now we shall ring the bells of happiness. I have tomorrow AND Saturday off! I wasn't originally scheduled to have Saturday off, but I gave up my shift to a girl at work who desperately wanted it. And since I made about $150 yesterday (which turns out to be about 13.75/hour, or more accurately, $15.75/hour when you count my hourly wage--usually I don't because that gets eaten up by taxes) I figured I could stand to take a day off.

Tonight I went out and paid a very small price for a whole lot of satisfaction. I went into Princeton and got a scoop of Coffee Heath Bar on a sugar cone from Halo Pub for $1.50. Yum. I finished it faster than I think I've ever finished a scoop of ice cream in my entire life. I could eat that stuff every day.

Tomorrow night its off to Steph's birthday party. My mother has this very strange aversion to me going to a lesbian's birthday party, as if just hanging out with someone who likes girls could make me stop wanting to have sex with men instead of women. Besides, its not like the party is going to be a bunch of lesbians all making out and having sex or something. The party promises to be a lot more tame, at least in the lesbian sex arena. Steph isn't known for her restraint when it comes to drugs, and for that matter, neither are most of my other coworkers. I'm guessing there's gonna be all sorts of stuff there, a detail I left out when telling my mom I was going to a party. She's thinks there's just gonna be booze (and there will be plenty of that). But honestly, I've never done a drug stronger than pot (and only like 3 times at that), so why would I start now? Anyway, I think that my exhaustion might be getting to me so I think I'm gonna lie in bed and catch up on some TV. There probably isn't anything good on.

P.S. I rented the best DVD last weekend. If you haven't seen it, everyone should definitely rent The Life of David Gale. It was sooo good.

posted by Lauren@ 9:26 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


 

 
Designed By FsDesigns