:HOME:
 

:: About ::

Name:
Location: Princeton area, New Jersey, United States

Just a college graduate stuck waitressing with a love of journaling.

:: Obsessions ::

:Law School Apps
:Online Poker
:Bartending
:Law School Discussion

:: Recent Posts ::

:yeah yeah
:Back in the USA
:24 hours from now
:a warm fuzzy feeling
:the demise of man
:new email addy
:Bush/Cheney Campaign Slogans
:credit card mania
:bad lauren
:the apprentice

::Archives ::

:November 2003
:December 2003
:January 2004
:February 2004
:March 2004
:April 2004
:May 2004
:June 2004
:July 2004
:August 2004
:September 2004
:October 2004
:November 2004
:December 2004
:January 2005
:February 2005
:March 2005
:April 2005
:May 2005
:June 2005
:July 2005
:April 2006

:: Links ::

: Pet My Chinchilla Now
: Serious Law Student
: The Raving Atheist
: Easily Amused
: thebrotherlove
: Law School Discussion
: lawschoolnumbers.com

:: Designed By ::

:FsDesigns

:Pictures By Layoutstyle

 
10.5.04

love actually

So, just a side note before I say what I actually wanted to post about: I am really feeling this new look to Blogger (obviously, if you don't have a Blogger blog then you've got no clue what I'm talking about, but just go with it, k?).

Anyway, I wanted to write about a film that (don't laugh) I actually consider to be a pretty fantastic piece of modern art. I bought my mom the DVD of Love Actually for Mother's Day and we watched it this evening when I came home from class. I had seen it before, but I had forgotten how good the film actually made me feel. In particular, the beginning and the end. If you've seen the film then you know I'm talking about the scenes from Heathrow Airport where they show real people greeting each other. At the beginning of the film there's this bit with Hugh Grant talking about watching people greet each other at the Arrivals gate at Heathrow and how he's got this "sneaky feeling that love actually is all around us."

The first time I saw the film I almost started crying right then. It's touching. And the film proceeds, managing to snake together 10 different storylines starring some of Great Britain's most famous and talented actors, like Hugh Grant, Colin Firth, Emma Thompson, Alan Rickman, Liam Neeson and Rowan Atkinson (not to mention, of of America's finest talents, Laura Linney). With a cast like that, you'd think that they'd all be dying for the spotlight. But the movie is seamless. And its gorgeous. If you haven't seen it, go rent it. It's not just about romantic love, its about love of all kinds, and I haven't met a single person who hasn't been in love with the film itself.

posted by Lauren@ 2:33 AM

4 Comments:

Dude, how cool is it that Blogger now gives you comments? The only catch is that you have to be a registered Blogger user to do it. If that's not gonna work out, just email me at thegirl@gmail.com and I'll go back to the old ones.

By Blogger Lauren, at May 10, 2004 at 3:27 AM  

omg! site change.

can you send me that picture of the city you had as your header image? i really liked it.

cool new look there girl.

By Blogger Dante, at May 11, 2004 at 12:00 AM  

omg! site design change!

i dunno... the new blogger will take a while to get use to. the publish button for my site was broked for close to four hours yesterday.

can you send me that picture of the city you had as your header? it was really cool and i never thought to save it before i ran out of time.

By Blogger Dante, at May 11, 2004 at 12:02 AM  

yeah, i can send you the picture. i'll email it to ya after i get home from work today.

By Blogger Lauren, at May 11, 2004 at 10:54 AM  

Post a Comment


 

 
Designed By FsDesigns