:HOME:
 

:: About ::

Name:
Location: Princeton area, New Jersey, United States

Just a college graduate stuck waitressing with a love of journaling.

:: Obsessions ::

:Law School Apps
:Online Poker
:Bartending
:Law School Discussion

:: Recent Posts ::

:its a picture fiesta!
:more pics
:the first of the london pics
:i hate textamerica
:poor
:i hate bathing suit season
:love actually
:yeah yeah
:Back in the USA
:24 hours from now

::Archives ::

:November 2003
:December 2003
:January 2004
:February 2004
:March 2004
:April 2004
:May 2004
:June 2004
:July 2004
:August 2004
:September 2004
:October 2004
:November 2004
:December 2004
:January 2005
:February 2005
:March 2005
:April 2005
:May 2005
:June 2005
:July 2005
:April 2006

:: Links ::

: Pet My Chinchilla Now
: Serious Law Student
: The Raving Atheist
: Easily Amused
: thebrotherlove
: Law School Discussion
: lawschoolnumbers.com

:: Designed By ::

:FsDesigns

:Pictures By Layoutstyle

 
14.5.04

with a great big grin on my face

What is it that they say? Write from experience? I haven't scrapped my other novel, I just started another project. I haven't had the time to really work on my other novel in the way that I've wanted to lately, but my experience in London has inspired me (you've seen the pictures, so you must understand why). So I started writing this story about a girl who after graduating from college takes a five week trip to Europe (mostly London, although I may add in a few of the other European cities I've been to, but that may be hard considering its been 7 years since I was in Paris, Munich, Barcelona, Madrid, Geneva and all those other places I've been to--wow, looking at that list, I've led a great life). Anyway, the point is, I'm sitting here and writing the beginning of this story when this girl (nameless at this point) arrives in London and I'm grinning from ear to ear just describing her feelings (my feelings). Everything from London is so vivid still in my mind. I don't want it to ever fade away, but I know it will. Oh but I don't want it to. I've never been anywhere that I felt so exhilarated and at home. So....I don't know. Arriving in London was like this feeling of...I know where I belong, or I know what it feels like to truly be in love, not with a person, but with my life, with this place. It's so cliched, but so unbelievably true. I think part of the reason that I haven't shared the exact details of my trip is that if I tell you, then it's over. Then I'm back, and I'm this 23 year old American girl who lives with her parents and waitresses for a living and had this great trip, but has actually had to go back to her life. I can't even tell you how much I really wanted to just say fuck it, I'm gonna find a way to get a job so I can get a visa so I can stay in this wonderful, vibrant place that has more life than any place or any single person that I've ever met. I have to go back.

posted by Lauren@ 12:14 AM

1 Comments:

part of the reason i get wary about going on trips is because i know that once i get to where i'm going, i'll never want to leave.

By Blogger Dante, at May 16, 2004 at 2:08 AM  

Post a Comment


 

 
Designed By FsDesigns