:HOME:
 

:: About ::

Name:
Location: Princeton area, New Jersey, United States

Just a college graduate stuck waitressing with a love of journaling.

:: Obsessions ::

:Law School Apps
:Online Poker
:Bartending
:Law School Discussion

:: Recent Posts ::

:Heartbroken Philly
:Good Luck to Smary Jones in the Belmont Stakes! 
:girls lie too
:you gotta read this
:the senate comes to the fish
:Princeton Alumni Weekend P-Rade 
:happy memorial day
:my neck hurts
:UGH
:new layout

::Archives ::

:November 2003
:December 2003
:January 2004
:February 2004
:March 2004
:April 2004
:May 2004
:June 2004
:July 2004
:August 2004
:September 2004
:October 2004
:November 2004
:December 2004
:January 2005
:February 2005
:March 2005
:April 2005
:May 2005
:June 2005
:July 2005
:April 2006

:: Links ::

: Pet My Chinchilla Now
: Serious Law Student
: The Raving Atheist
: Easily Amused
: thebrotherlove
: Law School Discussion
: lawschoolnumbers.com

:: Designed By ::

:FsDesigns

:Pictures By Layoutstyle

 
6.6.04

reagan

It's just like Reagan to die on the 60th anniversary of D-Day.

That's all I have to say about that, except that its too bad that he didn't kick the bucket a few months ago (if you think I'm being unpatriotic or whatever, shove it) because my best friend's husband would have been one of the soldiers carrying the casket. Until about a month and a half ago, he was a member of the Air Force Honor Guard and not too long ago he and the other Army, Navy, Coast Guard and Marine members who had been selected were practicing for State funerals on the steps of the Capitol. Kinda cool, huh? But alas, he's no longer in the military and so its gonna be some other guy that I know carrying the casket (read: I have 2 ex-boyfriends who were a part of that unit--it won't be them carrying though) instead of Tommy. Oh well.

Oh yeah, I'm pretty much over my sulking over Smarty losing the Belmont. Stupid Birdstone. Stupid name. I hate that horse. I did say that I was pretty much over it. Clearly, I still have some lingering bitterness.

posted by Lauren@ 12:26 AM

9 Comments:

eh, no worries. bitterness is allowed.

it's been ten years since a president has died. it was nixon back in 94. i still remember watching the procession on tv. that was all i was allowed to watch that week; i was grounded for having not done all my homework at school and getting detention for it.

By Blogger Dante, at June 6, 2004 at 2:38 AM  

If you think you are being unpatriotic or whatever, just wait til we see the re-election boys take all the glowing praise getting heaped on Reagan and transfer it to Mr. Bush.

By Blogger Dan, at June 6, 2004 at 11:02 AM  

Yeah I know. Isn't anyone else in this country aware of the fact that Reaganomics plain old doesn't work? And how can one man's failed (in my opinion) presidency be heaped upon another individual's presidency and packaged as a 21st century success story? Or a 20th century success story for that matter.

By Blogger Lauren, at June 6, 2004 at 3:33 PM  

Dante, just wanted to say thank God someone else is a youngin and was still in school when Nixon died. I actually was doing a report on Nixon the week he died. I had to revise the whole freakin thing to incorporate the fact that he was no longer alive. Ugh.

By Blogger Lauren, at June 6, 2004 at 3:34 PM  

hehehe.

i was in 8th grade at the time.

it's started; not 24 hours after ronnie kicked the bucket did i actually hear somebody utter the words "glad that son of a bitch is dead."

ya know, people may not have agreed with his politics, but geez. the guy *was* a person after, and his family have been suffering with his worsened condition for the past several years.

our society has lost compassion. :-(

By Blogger Dante, at June 6, 2004 at 9:24 PM  

I agree. I'm not sorry he's dead, but I have no reason to be happy. And the truth is, had he been a younger man, I might have found it to be saddening or tragic that he died. But the fact is that he was 93 and people are treating it as if this wasn't forseeable or something. Not only was he 93, but he had Alzheimer's for crying out loud. We all knew that he was gonna die. And I don't disagree with the elaborate funeral plans or anything like that, I just don't understand why people are making this out to be the saddest thing that ever happened, ya know?

By Blogger Lauren, at June 6, 2004 at 11:17 PM  

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

By Blogger Lauren, at June 6, 2004 at 11:17 PM  

it's not the saddest thing ever. and yeah, it was gonna happen sooner or later.

but it's like when johnny cash died. half the people are full of geniune respect and compassion for the family, and the other half of people are posers who are saying what they think will make them look good.

*hates on posers*

By Blogger Dante, at June 7, 2004 at 12:40 AM  

I think perhaps we can include President Bush in that "poser" category. Don't get me wrong, I believe that Bush actually admires Reagan, but he'll be the first to benefit from his death.

He's already declared Friday a National Day of Mourning. Great.

By Blogger Lauren, at June 7, 2004 at 12:51 PM  

Post a Comment


 

 
Designed By FsDesigns