:HOME:
 

:: About ::

Name:
Location: Princeton area, New Jersey, United States

Just a college graduate stuck waitressing with a love of journaling.

:: Obsessions ::

:Law School Apps
:Online Poker
:Bartending
:Law School Discussion

:: Recent Posts ::

:down to the wire
:trying to fit a roung peg into a square hole...
:J. Lo's Cred
:reagan
:Heartbroken Philly
:Good Luck to Smary Jones in the Belmont Stakes! 
:girls lie too
:you gotta read this
:the senate comes to the fish
:Princeton Alumni Weekend P-Rade 

::Archives ::

:November 2003
:December 2003
:January 2004
:February 2004
:March 2004
:April 2004
:May 2004
:June 2004
:July 2004
:August 2004
:September 2004
:October 2004
:November 2004
:December 2004
:January 2005
:February 2005
:March 2005
:April 2005
:May 2005
:June 2005
:July 2005
:April 2006

:: Links ::

: Pet My Chinchilla Now
: Serious Law Student
: The Raving Atheist
: Easily Amused
: thebrotherlove
: Law School Discussion
: lawschoolnumbers.com

:: Designed By ::

:FsDesigns

:Pictures By Layoutstyle

 
9.6.04

tanning is a bitch

So today I decided that since my expensive tan was fading, and since I didn't have any tans left at Hollywood Tans, and don't really intend to purchase any (I'd rather acquire skin cancer the old fashioned way), I'd go out and lay by the pool. So I put on my bathing suit, slathered myself with sunscreen, grabbed one of my LSAT workbooks and the dog and made my way out to the backyard. I was out there for 30 minutes. It's hot as a mofo out there today. For those of you who don't know anything about New Jersey, let me fill you in on a little secret. It's literally built on a swamp. The whole state, prior to being developed, was marshland (perhaps with the exception of the Pine Barrens, but trust me, the Pine Barrens aren't exactly inhabitable anyway).

So why am I telling you about the history of the Garden State's land? To give you an idea of how freakin hot it gets in the summer. Because what does marshy swamp land produce when the temperature rises? HUMIDITY. So today, the heat index is between 100 and 105 degrees. Really beautiful.

Now, I'm not one who's ever been able to sit out for hours in the sun trying to achieve the perfect shade of skin damage, but staying out for only 30 minutes is a new low. I suppose I could have gone in the pool, which I will on occasion do when its really hot out and I'm trying to tan my albino white skin, but I stuck my toe in, and apparently the thing really has not had the opportunity to heat itself up yet. So it's like 75 degrees in the pool and I decided against going in.

Anyway, the point is that I'm not sure I really managed to do all that much besides make myself smell like the entire state of Florida (in case you were wondering, I firmly believe that all of Florida smells like sunscreen 24 hours a day, 7 days a week). Oh yeah, and I got a few problems done, but not that many seeing as I was too busy trying to wipe the sweat off myself. Shit, I hope the sunscreen I used was waterproof.

posted by Lauren@ 1:00 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


 

 
Designed By FsDesigns