:HOME:
 

:: About ::

Name:
Location: Princeton area, New Jersey, United States

Just a college graduate stuck waitressing with a love of journaling.

:: Obsessions ::

:Law School Apps
:Online Poker
:Bartending
:Law School Discussion

:: Recent Posts ::

:its over
:d-day
:my new obsession
:tanning is a bitch
:down to the wire
:trying to fit a roung peg into a square hole...
:J. Lo's Cred
:reagan
:Heartbroken Philly
:Good Luck to Smary Jones in the Belmont Stakes! 

::Archives ::

:November 2003
:December 2003
:January 2004
:February 2004
:March 2004
:April 2004
:May 2004
:June 2004
:July 2004
:August 2004
:September 2004
:October 2004
:November 2004
:December 2004
:January 2005
:February 2005
:March 2005
:April 2005
:May 2005
:June 2005
:July 2005
:April 2006

:: Links ::

: Pet My Chinchilla Now
: Serious Law Student
: The Raving Atheist
: Easily Amused
: thebrotherlove
: Law School Discussion
: lawschoolnumbers.com

:: Designed By ::

:FsDesigns

:Pictures By Layoutstyle

 
16.6.04

this blows

It's like, ridiculously late--or early, depending in how you prefer to look at it--and I'm still fucking awake. If you think perhaps I sound a little bitter, you would be right. I tried to go to sleep a little early tonight because I have an appointment with an oral surgeon tomorrow about getting my wisdom teeth removed sometime in the future. But anyway, the appointment. Yeah, its at 8. AM. And the office called and said to get there as early as possible because they have a really busy day tomorrow. So essentially Lauren will be up at the ass-crack of dawn, sitting in some stupid dentist's office and not getting her teeth actually checked. Doesn't that sound like a fucking blast? And now, to add to my misery, we're going to have the wonderful fact that I'm not gonna get a wink of sleep tonight. Okay, I already got a wink, but literally, I think I slept for about 15 minutes. The rest of the time I've been wide awake. And gassy, but not in the farting kind of way. In the gas moving around my abdominal area kinda of way. The really unpleasant kind of way. I could take tooting the whole night, but this just sucks. I think I must need some Mylanta or something. Isn't that what you take for gas? I'm a retard, I have no clue.

Yes, I know I just revealed way more about myself than you feel you needed to know, but I'm the kinda gal that just lets it all hang out. What good is a diary if you can't tell it everything? Just b/c other people actually read it shouldn't mean I censor myself, or should it? I dunno, its late and my brain isn't turned on right now.

In other, less disgusting news, I finally saw Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban today with my friend Rory from work. It was awesome. I know, I know, my use of descriptive language at this hour is truly astounding. I can't help it. I'm just that prolific any hour of the day or night. But anyway, definitely go see Harry Potter if you haven't seen it yet. But not if you haven't seen the first two yet, because that would just be dumb. And speaking of dumb, if you haven't seen the first two Harry Potter movies yet, you're dumb (there I go again with the descriptive language). What, do you live under a rock? Been in a coma the past three or four years? Rent the damn DVDs. If you think its kid stuff well, again I would like to reiterate that you're dumb. Now, if my insulting you hasn't motivated you to go out and rent those damn DVDs like any sane person living in our society would do, then I just don't know what's gonna do it. You'll just have to spend the rest of your life being dumb, which was probably gonna happen anyway, so I think I'll shut up about it and let you decide for yourself. But see the movies if you don't want to be dumb.

posted by Lauren@ 2:42 AM

4 Comments:

I have seen the movies and I have to tell you I was not particularly pleased with them. The first was an intricate journey into a hocus pocus world of wizards and did have a subtle and mysterious quality to it, but its two successors rather lacked the feel. I will admit that the twists are refreshing, but they end up oversimplified in their endings, Prisoner of Azkaban being the weakest and most tedious of them. I can appreciate that you are tired and will allow the indiscretion- but I would recommend using alternate words to describe people you consider simple. Irony, I would suppose, when someone calls someone else… dumb.

Otherwise, I empathize with your situation; I rather dislike waking early to be at any medical practitioner’s office, more so with little to no sleep. As for the gassiness, I suggest Mylanta or Pepto-Bismol; honestly, the liquid remedies for gastrointestinal complaints tend to sooth more effectively and swiftly.

Hope life treats you better in the coming days.
Rick A.K.A. De Marquis

P.S. I am not exactly in the wooing mood tonight.

By Blogger silly, at June 16, 2004 at 4:16 AM  

you left me a long comment. that's wooing enough. it makes me happy b/c now i know that you didn't skim the post, you actually read the whole thing. and sorry about the dumb thing, although i do disagree with your characterization of the Harry Potter movies. Unlike you, I thought that Prisoner of Azkaban was the strongest of the three movies, although the characters of Professor Lupin, Sirius Black and Professor Trelawney should have been developed more. But I do apologize for disrespecting your opinions if I did so. My intention was not to call anyone who didn't like the movies dumb, just anyone who hasn't seen them (but I think you're right that I could have chosen better words had I not been ridiculously tired and unable to fall asleep).

Thanks for the advice on the gas issue. I looked for Mylanta but it turns out it was in my parents linen closet where they keep all the medicine and at 4am I didn't want to wake them up by going into their room and getting the stuff. Consequently I got 2 hours of sleep. But seeing as I don't believe in naps (they waste time, though I really only have time to waste today) I've decided to suck it up and just get a good night's sleep tonight.

By Blogger Lauren, at June 16, 2004 at 10:08 AM  

i certainly hope it never seems like i just skim your posts. i do actually read through all of them.

my brother gets crippling pain with gas like that. fortunately i haven't gotten that as much lately, but when it does strike i find that the john, mylanta, and pepto always seem to fail in coming to my aid.

i just hafta sit and suffer from the pain or try to wave it off and take a mid-day nap.

ah hell, who am i kidding? i'll take a mid-day nap anyways without any excuse.

the most major different between the three hp films is that this third one isn't directed by chris columbus. very different styles between columbus and cuarón. that's possibly one of the biggest reasons between why so many people have such strong opinions with this latest film.

i personally have not seen any of them. does that make me dumb, lauren? :-(

By Blogger Dante, at June 16, 2004 at 9:50 PM  

yup, a total moron. ;-)

By Blogger Lauren, at June 20, 2004 at 12:49 PM  

Post a Comment


 

 
Designed By FsDesigns