:HOME:
 

:: About ::

Name:
Location: Princeton area, New Jersey, United States

Just a college graduate stuck waitressing with a love of journaling.

:: Obsessions ::

:Law School Apps
:Online Poker
:Bartending
:Law School Discussion

:: Recent Posts ::

:I met a guy! I went to a party tonight, just got ...
:great news
:crazy crazy week
:ah, the lottery
:gripes
:days of summer
:no words
:the phillies game
:i'm really stupid sometimes
:this blows

::Archives ::

:November 2003
:December 2003
:January 2004
:February 2004
:March 2004
:April 2004
:May 2004
:June 2004
:July 2004
:August 2004
:September 2004
:October 2004
:November 2004
:December 2004
:January 2005
:February 2005
:March 2005
:April 2005
:May 2005
:June 2005
:July 2005
:April 2006

:: Links ::

: Pet My Chinchilla Now
: Serious Law Student
: The Raving Atheist
: Easily Amused
: thebrotherlove
: Law School Discussion
: lawschoolnumbers.com

:: Designed By ::

:FsDesigns

:Pictures By Layoutstyle

 
19.7.04



Holy shit, a lot has happened in the past few days.  And not all of it good.

I spent the weekend in DC visiting a friend that I used to work with while I was in college and I had a total blast.  I went to a strip club!  First time for me.  It was really fun actually. Oh, and I saw the new World War II Memorial on the Mall and I went to see the Brown vs. Board of Education exhibit at the Smithsonia American History museum.

So yesterday I was driving back from DC in the pouring rain when my best friend Leah called me.  She had been living in Virginia, but about a month ago she and her husband and their 10 month old moved to Philly so now they're only like an hour away from me.  We made plans to see each other on Wednesday and I have to admit that I was feeling pretty good (despite being exhuasted and driving in ridiculous traffic in the pouring rain).

Then when I got home I called Derek (the guy from the party).  We talked for a while and eventually made plans to go out on Wednesday night.  Wednesday's gonna be a good day (assuming the date goes well).

After I took a little nap I drove over to work to get my schedule for the week.  That's when everything went to shit.  When I got there, someone pulled me aside and told me that my friend Jen's husband was in the hospital being treated for a stroke.  From the sound of things, it was pretty bad.  They don't know how or why exactly yet, but for some reason his brain started hemorraging yesterday while Jen was at work.  A guy at work had to drive her to the hospital, and later on Rory and I called her to see if she needed anything.  Rory and I are her closest friends at work.

So today we went to see her in the hospital in Philly.  Luckily, he's at Thomas Jefferson, which has one of the best neurology departments in the country.  Bob's a little better today, but he's not out of the woods yet by far.  He's paralyzed on the right side of his body, although he can move his toes and shrug his shoulders and do some other things, he just can't feel it while he's doing it.  Jen is clearly going nuts.  But she's dealing, being a real trooper. 

I'm ridiculously exhausted now so I'm gonna go to bed.  This has been a very interesting weekend, but I really wish it had ended a little better.

 



posted by Lauren@ 10:02 PM

2 Comments:

my prayers and thoughts go to your co-worker jen and her husband. let us know what develops.

did you go to a male strip club or female?

sounds like quite the week you have had.

By Blogger Dante, at July 21, 2004 at 1:53 AM  

female strip club...they made me give a couple bucks to some of the naked chicks. it was weird.

haven't heard anything from jen since yesterday, when she told me it had been a rough day, and rory hasn't heard anything either. so i hope everything is okay. i know i would hear if something really tragic had happened, so that's comforting, but other than that, i don't know anything.

dante, i know jen would appreciate your concern, so thank you.

By Blogger Lauren, at July 22, 2004 at 12:30 AM  

Post a Comment


 

 
Designed By FsDesigns