:HOME:
 

:: About ::

Name:
Location: Princeton area, New Jersey, United States

Just a college graduate stuck waitressing with a love of journaling.

:: Obsessions ::

:Law School Apps
:Online Poker
:Bartending
:Law School Discussion

:: Recent Posts ::

:*****OLYMPIC SPOILERS*****
:away for a while
:oh, the disenchantment
:just pick up the fucking phone already!
:what do i want?
:basic truth in life
:middle of the night musings
:p.s.
:tooth update
:recap

::Archives ::

:November 2003
:December 2003
:January 2004
:February 2004
:March 2004
:April 2004
:May 2004
:June 2004
:July 2004
:August 2004
:September 2004
:October 2004
:November 2004
:December 2004
:January 2005
:February 2005
:March 2005
:April 2005
:May 2005
:June 2005
:July 2005
:April 2006

:: Links ::

: Pet My Chinchilla Now
: Serious Law Student
: The Raving Atheist
: Easily Amused
: thebrotherlove
: Law School Discussion
: lawschoolnumbers.com

:: Designed By ::

:FsDesigns

:Pictures By Layoutstyle

 
19.8.04

grrr...

Here we go again. Let me recount part of a conversation that I had last night:

Him: I'll call you when I get home from the gym.
Me: OK.

Okay, so it's only 7:45, he could still be at the gym, or he could be just getting home and showering or eating or something, so I'll try my best not to jump to conclusions. But its taking a pretty big effort, especially seeing as he gets off of work really early. I think the problem is that this is definitely becoming a pattern. I may talk to him tonight, he may even call me, though I'm not really holding my breath.

I'll probably call him with an attitude problem at like 9 if I haven't heard from him. I know that 9 is way too late for him to go out, which is kinda sucky, since I'm going to Arizona on Saturday morning and I'll probably be packing all of tomorrow night.

I don't know, what do you guys think? Is it even worth it if I have to call him EVERY SINGLE TIME and he doesn't call me when he says he will? I mean, its weird b/c when we're together I still have like no question at all that he wants to be with me, but then there's that phone allergy that he seems to have. I mean honestly, it really pisses me off. It's not like I couldn't have made other plans for the evening. In fact, I think I am going to go make other plans. Why should I sit at home thinking about him when he's clearly not thinking about calling me. UGH. GRRRR. I hate boys.

posted by Lauren@ 7:48 PM

4 Comments:

some people just hate using the phone. not everybody thinks it's such a wonderful device.

and sometimes, things happen that you don't know about. does he use his cell phone at work all day and the battery dies? does he get busy with something and lose track of time?

you need to sit down and *calmly* discuss with him how you feel about the whole calling situation, because obviously he currently does not know how much it means to you.

By Blogger Dante, at August 20, 2004 at 1:04 PM  

yeah, i will definitely be talking to him about the calling thing, because its not going to work if i don't. and i'm sure he just got home late and fell asleep or something, something that has happened more than once this week. so while i'm not mad per se, i'm agitated and not really happy. anyway, since i'm going on vacation tomorrow, i might give him a call tonight and give him that one last chance to step up and put in some effort before i give up. i'm sure i'll tell ya what's happening.

By Blogger Lauren, at August 20, 2004 at 4:25 PM  

if he's smart, he'll take heed and call, lest he lose such a desireable woman as yourself.

By Blogger Dante, at August 20, 2004 at 6:09 PM  

perhaps it's just me...

but the entire scenario feels very "high school"-ish

You always end up on the losing side of phone tag, he never calls,...the entire situation with making out in the Cayenne. (granted some of my fondest memories are of those in the front seat of a car stopped at a red light..)

I don;t think any budding relationship is worth all this. You seem to be placing forth all the effort and he's all "meh" ... granted he may not be a phone person but come on.. text messaging, email, im'ing there are a million ways to drop a line from a phone with out actually talking on it.

I would venture to say almost everyone i know would have already moved on to greener pastures (thanks to less fuel emissions) ... maybe he lives at home because he knows petrol will hit 3.00 usd by November and he gets 10-12 miles to the gallon.

When you get back..treat him as he treats you (like shit) for a week or so.. if he gets the point great. if not... greener pastures and nights out past 9pm.

By Blogger K.S.G., at August 20, 2004 at 10:21 PM  

Post a Comment


 

 
Designed By FsDesigns