:HOME:
 

:: About ::

Name:
Location: Princeton area, New Jersey, United States

Just a college graduate stuck waitressing with a love of journaling.

:: Obsessions ::

:Law School Apps
:Online Poker
:Bartending
:Law School Discussion

:: Recent Posts ::

:basic truth in life
:middle of the night musings
:p.s.
:tooth update
:recap
:convention
:Man Swings Gator at Girlfriend
:This Land
:what the fuck
:more bad news

::Archives ::

:November 2003
:December 2003
:January 2004
:February 2004
:March 2004
:April 2004
:May 2004
:June 2004
:July 2004
:August 2004
:September 2004
:October 2004
:November 2004
:December 2004
:January 2005
:February 2005
:March 2005
:April 2005
:May 2005
:June 2005
:July 2005
:April 2006

:: Links ::

: Pet My Chinchilla Now
: Serious Law Student
: The Raving Atheist
: Easily Amused
: thebrotherlove
: Law School Discussion
: lawschoolnumbers.com

:: Designed By ::

:FsDesigns

:Pictures By Layoutstyle

 
11.8.04

what do i want?

So, I haven't written for the past few days. I've been mulling some things over in my head, and its just taken me a little while to decide what I want to say about them.

Last Friday I finally did bite the bullet and call Derek. He was doing some stuff with friends and said that he would call me when they were leaving the bar. He asked what I was doing and I told him I was going out with people from work because it was a coworker's last night. He finally called me at like 11:30 or so and just happened to mention that he and his friend were thinking about coming up in my direction and so he asked where I was and yada yada yada. I didn't invite him, which is not to say that I didn't want him to come. I was thrilled that he wanted to come and see me.

So he came and it was a good thing and so yay, right? I was talking to one of my friends the other night who has known him for a long time and she was saying how even though sometimes he may talk about girls and stuff, he never really makes a move. All of a sudden a little lightbulb went off in my head. It was like ahhhhh, so I have to be the aggressor, which is something I'm comfortable doing for now. I just don't know how long its going to take before that gets old. It's not like I'm shy, or have a problem with being the person in a relationship who does most of the calling or decides on most of the plans, and its not like he hasn't been great about coming up here to where I live (we only live like a half hour apart, but still, we also have completely conflicting schedules and what not). Its also not as if I don't know that he's interested when I'm around him, its just that...I am a girl, and I do get insecure if you don't call when you say you will, ya know? I suppose at some point I will bring it up with him, but obviously not yet. I may have to suffer through another month or two of my being the one doing all the initiating, but at this point, I'm not so stupid that I don't know that if I said something now it could be interpreted in the wrong way.

Ugh, I don't know. And I'm tired, seeing as I've been out late waaay too much lately. I also have another follow-up appointment with my oral surgeon tomorrow at 8:45 AM. So I'm gonna go read some more of Anna Karenina until I'm tired enough to sleep and see what you all have to say about this before I do anything about it. You guys are my gurus.



posted by Lauren@ 1:11 AM

2 Comments:

see, now if only most of the women in my life would be aggressors and initiate things, i wouldn't find myself so damned confused all the time.

By Blogger Dante, at August 11, 2004 at 4:22 AM  

I'm just not sure whether or not I'm happy about having to initiate everything you know?

By Blogger Lauren, at August 11, 2004 at 4:17 PM  

Post a Comment


 

 
Designed By FsDesigns