:HOME:
 

:: About ::

Name:
Location: Princeton area, New Jersey, United States

Just a college graduate stuck waitressing with a love of journaling.

:: Obsessions ::

:Law School Apps
:Online Poker
:Bartending
:Law School Discussion

:: Recent Posts ::

:finally, the weekend
:wanna give me a car?
:what pisses me off
:reading frenzy
:quote of the day
:back to the grind
:i love arizona
:when it rains...
:grrr...
:*****OLYMPIC SPOILERS*****

::Archives ::

:November 2003
:December 2003
:January 2004
:February 2004
:March 2004
:April 2004
:May 2004
:June 2004
:July 2004
:August 2004
:September 2004
:October 2004
:November 2004
:December 2004
:January 2005
:February 2005
:March 2005
:April 2005
:May 2005
:June 2005
:July 2005
:April 2006

:: Links ::

: Pet My Chinchilla Now
: Serious Law Student
: The Raving Atheist
: Easily Amused
: thebrotherlove
: Law School Discussion
: lawschoolnumbers.com

:: Designed By ::

:FsDesigns

:Pictures By Layoutstyle

 
24.9.04

goodbye murray, hello sheila

Tomorrow I'm getting my new car. Oh, didn't I tell you I'm getting a new car? Well, new isn't really the technical term for it. I think the technical term is Certified Pre-Owned or some shit like that. All that means is that the car is used, but because they call it Certified Pre-Owned they get to charge you more money for it. Anyway, I bet you want to know all about my CPO car. I really don't mind telling you. I mean, you all on the Internet are just about the only people who don't know. I think I told everyone within a 20 mile raidus around here.

So Sheila (the tentative name for my new car) is a dark grey 2001 Volvo S40 1.9L Turbo sedan (and yes, she's was manufactured in Sweden, not at a Ford plant--apparently Volvo is selling so well that Ford doesn't feel like they have to step in and start making their cars for them). Anyway, Sheila has a light-tan leather interior, which is very soft and not at all scratchy like the cloth seats are in Murray (my current hunk of junk). She also has a moonroof, which is kind of cool, although I doubt I'll be using it that much in the winter, just another reason to move to a warmer climate. And speaking of climate, Sheila does NOT have a climate package, meaning in the winter my ass is gonna be cold on those soft leather seats. And in the summer my ass is going to burn, but they would anyway, since I've never heard of air-conditioned seats. Let's see, what other wonderful amenities does my good friend Sheila have? She has a CD player which, believe it or not, is a big selling point with me. You see, poor Murray was manufactured before CD players were standard. So poor Lauren has been without a CD player ever since Murray's windshield started leaking on the plug-in CD player I had in the car. Needless to say, the CD player was ruined, and I was too lazy (or, depending on how you look at it, too cheap) to buy another one. So the CD player is really exciting, because I'm really freakin' tired of the radio. I feel like I have a personal relationship with the deejays at most of the local stations because I listen to them so much.

Right, so back on track here. Sheila has some sort of fancy schmancy winter traction control thingamabob which I'll never get to use since my mother has informed that when it snows I will be required to drive her car to work (she has a 2003- or 4, I can't remember- Lexus RX330, the small SUV). And, because Sheila is CPO, she also has new brakes, tires, wiper blades, oil, etc., etc. And she only has to go for oil changes every 7500 miles. So anyway, needless to say, I'm pretty happy with my purchase. Today Murray and I are going to spend some quality time together while I clean out the rest of my stuff from inside him. It's not much, just ice scrapers and some old CDs and stuff. Pretty much I just gotta bring in or get rid of everything that's not the manual. And oh shit, I have to find the spare keys. Yeah, off to do that now. Good thinking Lauren. Duh, they're probably going to want you to give them both keys to the freakin car when you trade it in. I'm such a smarty pants sometimes that it kills me.

posted by Lauren@ 1:06 PM

3 Comments:

congrats on the new set of wheels. even if the car you are getting doesn't have a climate package, you will still have a heater so at least you will be warm in the winter. all vehicles sold in the united states have to have at least heaters, but a/c is still an optional piece of equipment.

By Blogger Dante, at September 26, 2004 at 3:32 AM  

yeah, good thing for heaters...and you know what? good thing for air conditioning too. the car is a really dark grey color and its freakin sweltering every time i get into it. so i'm real happy that the a/c works so well. and by the way, the car is awesome and i couldn't be happier, even though murray will always have a place in my heart.

By Blogger Lauren, at September 26, 2004 at 5:52 PM  

yay! glad to hear you are enjoying the new wheels!!!

By Blogger Dante, at September 28, 2004 at 2:30 PM  

Post a Comment


 

 
Designed By FsDesigns