:HOME:
 

:: About ::

Name:
Location: Princeton area, New Jersey, United States

Just a college graduate stuck waitressing with a love of journaling.

:: Obsessions ::

:Law School Apps
:Online Poker
:Bartending
:Law School Discussion

:: Recent Posts ::

:goodbye murray, hello sheila
:finally, the weekend
:wanna give me a car?
:what pisses me off
:reading frenzy
:quote of the day
:back to the grind
:i love arizona
:when it rains...
:grrr...

::Archives ::

:November 2003
:December 2003
:January 2004
:February 2004
:March 2004
:April 2004
:May 2004
:June 2004
:July 2004
:August 2004
:September 2004
:October 2004
:November 2004
:December 2004
:January 2005
:February 2005
:March 2005
:April 2005
:May 2005
:June 2005
:July 2005
:April 2006

:: Links ::

: Pet My Chinchilla Now
: Serious Law Student
: The Raving Atheist
: Easily Amused
: thebrotherlove
: Law School Discussion
: lawschoolnumbers.com

:: Designed By ::

:FsDesigns

:Pictures By Layoutstyle

 
29.9.04

pimpin' it

Yup, I am definitely enjoying my new wheels. I feel like such a pimp driving around with leather seats. Of course, I don't feel like that much of a pimp, seeing as I don't know any pimps who drive Volvos. But I'm just trying to express to you how cool I feel driving around in a car that looks as nice as mine. I have noticed a few scratches in the paint since I picked it up, so I might call the dealership and ask them for a jar of touch up paint, not that I would ever attempt to do it myself. But I know people who know people, you know? Oh God, now I sound like I'm in the mob. It's all this reading I've been doing.

I know, you're a little confused as to how my reading habits could make me sound like I'm in the mob. Well, I've been reading these books by Janet Evanovich. If you've never read her Stephanie Plum series, you should. If you're a chick. Not so much if you're a guy. But I guess guys must like her novels too since the books are always #1 on the NYT bestseller list. But anyway, Stephanie Plum is from Chambersburg, NJ, which is part of Trenton. That's like 20 minutes from my house. And trust me, everyone talks like they're in the mob in Chambersburg. In fact, I doubt its all that uncommon for things to just fall off trucks around there. That's not exactly what its like where I live (or not at all), but I know this part of Jersey very well. So that must be where I'm getting my mob speak from.

But I digress. The point is, I need touch up paint from the dealer. Think I'll have to buy it? I don't really want to pay for it. I think the car should have come with it if you ask me. Ugh, its getting late (no its not, its 4:45, but I have to be back at work at 5:30) so I should stop my babbling.

But before I go:

A Moment of Comic Relief

"I'd like to go down to South America. There is a complicating factor there. The Mexican presidential election is taking place, and I certainly don't wan tto get involved in that."
George W. Bush
March 19, 2000
Referring to the upcoming presidential election taking place in the North American country of Mexico. Reported in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

posted by Lauren@ 4:36 PM

4 Comments:

congrats on the new car, and glad to hear that you are enjoying it.

you should totally go to redbank sometime and go to jay & silent bob's secret stash, or try to find the infamous quick stop. i keep forgetting you live in jersey.

By Blogger Dante, at September 29, 2004 at 11:59 PM  

I don't think it's possible to live in the tri-state area and not know atlest one mobed up person.

The big screen (72" sony) sort of fell off a ship by the jersey docks... and if you cross the waters, and you don't mind it sitting outside for a few months you can get a car that "fell off a ship"... drive by late at night/during the winter by peir one (by the U.S. marshalls office/ Security complex ) and you can see UC / off duty officers doing donuts in cars fresh off the boats.

By Blogger K.S.G., at September 30, 2004 at 1:41 AM  

K is right, we all know a friend of a friend who is "connected" in some way.

GW never disappoints in the humor area does he?

By Blogger Sparky Duck, at September 30, 2004 at 10:52 AM  

I was just thinking that I didn't know anyone with "connections" but then I realized that my friend's uncle is total mob. so yay, i know some people too.

By Blogger Lauren, at September 30, 2004 at 7:48 PM  

Post a Comment


 

 
Designed By FsDesigns