:HOME:
 

:: About ::

Name:
Location: Princeton area, New Jersey, United States

Just a college graduate stuck waitressing with a love of journaling.

:: Obsessions ::

:Law School Apps
:Online Poker
:Bartending
:Law School Discussion

:: Recent Posts ::

:quote of the day
:back to the grind
:i love arizona
:when it rains...
:grrr...
:*****OLYMPIC SPOILERS*****
:away for a while
:oh, the disenchantment
:just pick up the fucking phone already!
:what do i want?

::Archives ::

:November 2003
:December 2003
:January 2004
:February 2004
:March 2004
:April 2004
:May 2004
:June 2004
:July 2004
:August 2004
:September 2004
:October 2004
:November 2004
:December 2004
:January 2005
:February 2005
:March 2005
:April 2005
:May 2005
:June 2005
:July 2005
:April 2006

:: Links ::

: Pet My Chinchilla Now
: Serious Law Student
: The Raving Atheist
: Easily Amused
: thebrotherlove
: Law School Discussion
: lawschoolnumbers.com

:: Designed By ::

:FsDesigns

:Pictures By Layoutstyle

 
6.9.04

reading frenzy

I've been reading A LOT lately. In fact, I've read two books already this week and I'll probably finish a third today. I think I'm just trying to make up for all the books I didn't read while I was attempting to get through Anna Karenina (I haven't finished it yet, but I only have like 200 pages left and I really really really needed a break from 19th century Russian society).

The books I've read this week I would recommend to anyone. First I read Dan Brown's Angels and Demons, which is sort of, but not really, a prequel to The Da Vinci Code. I mean, it has the same protagonist, but you're not gonna read it and all of a sudden understand something that you didn't get from Da Vinci, you know? Anyway, I read that in like 2 1/2 days, which is quite a feat considering the book is like over 600 pages long.

Next I read this book by Jodi Piccoult called My Sister's Keeper. This was was about a 13 year old girl who was conceived essentially for the purpose of being a bone marrow donor for her sister, who was dying of cancer. The story starts with her suing for medical emancipation from her parents so she doesn't have to donate a kidney to her sister when she gets renal failure. It was a really interesting book. That one took me about 2 1/2 days also.

And now I'm reading a book by Plum Sykes called Bergdorf Blondes. It's weird, its kind of like the Nanny Diaries in that over-exaggerated kind of way, but seeing as the author is a society editor at Vogue or something, you gotta figure there's an ounce or two of truth in there somewhere.

Anyway, I have to figure out what to read next since I'm almost done with the book I'm reading now. I'm not quite ready to pick up Tolstoy again yet. Any suggestions?

posted by Lauren@ 4:08 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


 

 
Designed By FsDesigns