:HOME:
 

:: About ::

Name:
Location: Princeton area, New Jersey, United States

Just a college graduate stuck waitressing with a love of journaling.

:: Obsessions ::

:Law School Apps
:Online Poker
:Bartending
:Law School Discussion

:: Recent Posts ::

:goodbye anonymous
:read this...
:young voter turnout (again)
:booty trouble part 2
:booty trouble
:i can't believe this
:been a long time
:i want my fucking flu shot!
:pimpin' it
:goodbye murray, hello sheila

::Archives ::

:November 2003
:December 2003
:January 2004
:February 2004
:March 2004
:April 2004
:May 2004
:June 2004
:July 2004
:August 2004
:September 2004
:October 2004
:November 2004
:December 2004
:January 2005
:February 2005
:March 2005
:April 2005
:May 2005
:June 2005
:July 2005
:April 2006

:: Links ::

: Pet My Chinchilla Now
: Serious Law Student
: The Raving Atheist
: Easily Amused
: thebrotherlove
: Law School Discussion
: lawschoolnumbers.com

:: Designed By ::

:FsDesigns

:Pictures By Layoutstyle

 
27.11.04

alone again

Here I am, alone again in the house for what seems like the umpteenth weekend in the past few months. Most of the time I don't mind it, but whenever the 'rents leave for the weekend I have to take care of the dogs, which usually entails coming home directly after work to let them out and waking up early to walk and feed them. It's really not that bad considering that in return I get a couple of days of freedom. But it can be a drag when I want to go out.

I really shouldn't be complaining. I think I'm just cranky since I had to work on Thanksgiving and Black Friday. Tomorrow morning I have to be at work at 9:30am to open the bar, part of my training as a bartender. Considering I have to work all of my regularly scheduled shifts on the floor, its gonna take me a long time to finish my bar training. Sort of annoying considering I have bartended before. But whatever. Like I said, I'm just a little cranky and overworked. Overworked, and yet still poor. The money this week, as expected, was dismal. I made a whole $15 on Thanksgiving Day. Because, duh, who goes out to eat on Thanksgiving if they can avoid it? I was home in time for dinner with my family, but only because my dad ended up having to work the holiday also because one of his coworkers had a miscarriage.

Anyway, I just got home from the movies with my friend Rachael. We saw the new Bridget Jones flick. It was hysterical. Now I'm just sittin around watching a rerun of CSI on UPN. I think I'm gonna go to sleep soon.

posted by Lauren@ 10:07 PM

2 Comments:

i sure wish i had a few more solitary weekends a year. the one weekend that my parents were planning on leaving ended up being cancelled, so i got no alone time.

hope the financial situation improves a bit *without* requiring that you work non-stop for several months.

By Blogger Dante, at November 30, 2004 at 4:00 PM  

i'm pretty lazy so i doubt i'll work non stop even if the financial situation doesn't improve. really, i'm a bum.

By Blogger Lauren, at November 30, 2004 at 4:28 PM  

Post a Comment


 

 
Designed By FsDesigns