:HOME:
 

:: About ::

Name:
Location: Princeton area, New Jersey, United States

Just a college graduate stuck waitressing with a love of journaling.

:: Obsessions ::

:Law School Apps
:Online Poker
:Bartending
:Law School Discussion

:: Recent Posts ::

:milton academy sex scandal
:get me the fuck out of here
:8 days left of misery
:burger burnout
:Woman On A Mission
:GET ME OUT OF HERE!
:dork
:sorry
:application status update
:alone again

::Archives ::

:November 2003
:December 2003
:January 2004
:February 2004
:March 2004
:April 2004
:May 2004
:June 2004
:July 2004
:August 2004
:September 2004
:October 2004
:November 2004
:December 2004
:January 2005
:February 2005
:March 2005
:April 2005
:May 2005
:June 2005
:July 2005
:April 2006

:: Links ::

: Pet My Chinchilla Now
: Serious Law Student
: The Raving Atheist
: Easily Amused
: thebrotherlove
: Law School Discussion
: lawschoolnumbers.com

:: Designed By ::

:FsDesigns

:Pictures By Layoutstyle

 
19.3.05

new job, new clothes obsession

So, I've officially completed four weeks at my new job. Well, not exactly four full weeks since I didn't go in yesterday due to the fact that I had a nasty cold (still have a little bit actually). But I'm really enjoying it, especially the part where I don't have to cater to people's every little obnoxious whim. I'm just an admin, but I have my own little cubicle with my own computer and even a direct phone line. Everyone has a direct phone line, it makes it so much easier than having to call a main phone number and then dial someone's extension if you ask me. And, despite the fact that I'm technically a temp, I think I fit in really well there and I'll probably end up being there until I leave for law school.

But I have a new obsession with clothes. Actually, not so much clothes as shoes. Since I've started the job, I've purchased 3 new pairs of shoes. One was this really cute pair of pink pointy-toed stilettos from BCBGirls, which incidentally, I got at Marshall's (which is why they were only $40.00 and not $70.00). I also got a pair of open-toe tan pumps made by Rampage (got those at DSW, which honestly practically gives me an orgasm every time I walk in there and see the endless rows of shoes), and then today I got a pair of black slingbacks from Nine West (or rather, made by Nine West and purchased at Marshall's).

But what I really want is a pair of Manolo Blahnik's. However, the $100 I spent on 3 pairs of shoes in the past month would only get me about one-fifth of a pair of Manolo's. It's not like I technically can't afford them, but I'm not really in the market for a pair of $500 shoes. But God do I want them. I keep praying I'll win the lottery or something, but then I remember that if you want to win the lottery, you have to buy a ticket. I should enter a Publisher's Clearinghouse sweepstakes and wait patiently for Ed McMahon and the Prize Patrol to show up at my front door. Don't worry, I'm not holding my breath or anything.

My new home on the internet is bluefly.com, an internet designer discount outlet. They've got everything I aspire to wear: Prada, Gucci, Burberry, Diane von Furstenburg, Tahari, Roberto Cavalli, John Galliano, Betsey Johnson, Nicole Miller, Jimmy Choo, Marc Jacobs...the list goes on forever. I even bought something from them this week. It wasn't expensive though. It was a really cute cowlneck tank that I got for like $30. It hasn't come yet, but it should be here by Monday. But anyway, at least I'm not letting my obsession get out of hand yet. That'll have to wait a few years until I'm out of law school and making enough money to actually buy designer duds. Of until the Prize Patrol arrives.

posted by Lauren@ 8:38 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


 

 
Designed By FsDesigns